Where is the blog's beginning?
Click here to go to the first entry

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Post July 12 Chemo

Carl had outpatient chemotherapy on Monday, July 12, 2010. The main drugs Carl got were Gemzar (also known as Gemcitabine) - and Taxotere, (generic name - Docetaxel). He came home and biked and had a great dinner. I think the Dexamethasone, (a steroid) prescribed by the oncologist, really help him. Wow.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010, Carl went to work, biked when he came home, and ate very cautiously. He says he feels well when he doesn't eat much.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010, Carl went to work. He was beginning to get tired earlier, and he ate cautiously, and he went to bed before 8:00 PM, but he did get some exercise (biking) in. Since I think exercise is important in fighting cancer, I am glad. And if nothing else, Carl slept very well tonight. I don't think he even heard any of the thunder that sounded like it was coming from right overhead.

I wrote this in July, and never posted it. I guess now is better then never.

No comments: